Obligations of users of pressure equipment.
- One of the most important novelties of the Regulation of pressure equipment ( R.E.P ) aproved in Royal
Decree 2060/2008 of diciembre 12. Is that in Article IV in paragraph 9 clearly states the obligations to which users of pressure equipment are subject that are templed in this
What is a Pressure Equipment "EP"?
- PRESSURE EQUIPMENT: It is any element designed and manufactured to contain fluids at a pressure higher than 0.5 Bar. This includes accumulator tanks,
compressors, pipes, simple pressure vessels, transportable pressure equipment and, in general, any pressure equipment.
- USER: The natural or legal person who uses, under his responsibility, pressure equipment of installations..
Obligations of users of
Royal Decree 2060/2008 in it´s CHAPTER IV, Article 9.
regulates the obligations of users that are:
Know and apply the manufacturer´s instructions regarding
the use, means of security and prevent the operation of pressure equipment if they do not meet the
requirements of the regulation. Have at least the following documentation:
- Certificate of instalation
- Installation proyect if necessary
- Minutes of the last periodic inspection
- Certifications of modifications or repairs.
- Use the pressure equipment within the operating limits by manufacturer and withdraw them from service if they no longer have the necessary safety
- Carry out the maintenance of the facilities, pressure equipment, safety accessories and control devices in
accordance with the operating conditions and the manufacturer´s instructions, and must esamine them at last once a year.
- Ordear the realization of the periodic inspections that correspondiong to them.
- Arrange and maintain a record of pressure equipment of categories I to IV.
- Report accidents that occur..
Legalization of compressed air
¿Who can make compressed air installations?
- After the entry into force del R.D. 2060/2008 of december 12, only companies registered as Empresas Installers of Aparatus under pressure, may perform pressure equipment installations and their corresponding interconnection pipes.
There are two types of
- EIP-1: For installations that do not
require an installation proyect.
- EIP-2: For installationsthat require a proyect, also those that do not
Therefor, only these companies EIP-1 or 2 will be able to carry out and legalize the
installations of pressure equipment and copressed air pipes. Prosutel Sistemas is registered as an EPI-2 installer
company to act at national level, so we can install and legalize anty type of compressed air pressure
Is my compressed air
network legalized according to the new legal regulations?
- All compressed air installations must be legalized before the Territorial Delegation of Industry. Regardless of the purchase
date of the pressure equipment or the completion of installation of pipes.
- All pressure equipment must be subjected periodically to
inspections and tests that guarantee the maintenance of the technical and safety conditions necessary for it´s operation.
When is it necessary to
carry out a project to legalize the compressed air network?
- To know if we must carry out a project to legalize a network, all the pressure eqipment that
is in the compressed air network must be identified, the volume (V) of each pressure equipment (in liters),must be multiplied by the maximum pressure (Pms) ( in Bar) to which that team can work.
If the sum of all V x Pms of all pressure equipment is greater than 25.000, it´s necesary to carry out a project by an EIP-2. installation company.
What should i do if my compressed air network is
- To legalize a compressed air network you must hire an Installer Company or an O.C.A.
that depending on the type of network, the project or the descriptive memory, the dossier of certificates of the pressure equipment and certificate of installation must be submitted to the
Territorial Delegation of insdustry.
- With this documentation the equipment is registred annd an industry sheet is assigned for
it´s follow.up and periodic inspections.
Periodic inspections of pressure.
- All pressure equipment must be subject periodically to inspections and tests that guarantee
the maintenance of the technical and safety conditions necessary for it´s operations..
How are the equipment of an
installation classified with the pressure equipment regulation ?
All equipment mut be classified according to the categories indicated
in Article 9 ofl RD 769/1999 (BOE 31-5-1999) which transposes directive 97/23/CE on pressure equipment.
To classify the pressure equipment that works with compressed air
(non-hazardous) it´s identified with the number 2. it multiplies the Volume (V) in liters of the equipment, by the maximun pressure (Ps) in Bar, to which it can work the team. Obtaining the
- Ps x V < 50 No recorded or controlled
- 200 > Ps x V >
50 Category I
- 200 > Ps x V > 1.000 Category
- 1.000 > Ps x V > 3.000 CategoryIII
- Ps x V >
3.000 Category IV
Inspections of pressure
- All pressure equipment or those assimilated to categories I to IV will be committed to
periodic inspections and tests to ensure the maintenance of: :
- Technical conditions.
- The security conditions.
Who can perform the periodic
They will be made by:
- Installation companies EIP- 1 ó 2.
- By an authorized control body (O.C.A.)
- By the manufacturer.
- By the user.
- These last two if they credit the means as an installation company.
You can send your consultation to our technical personnel Click